Takka Mirsang / miriyasang / curd chillies!!!!!!! How nice to bite into a crisp spicy one !!Just with some curd rice and you can have a complete satisfying meal !!! so why not see how we can make this at home itself !! You need some nice large spicy chillies & some sour curds and you are ready to make these !
- Fresh green chillies – 250 gms
- Salt – 3 tsp
- Sour curds ( thick ) – 1/2 cup
- Wash the chillies well . Then pierce them through in 2 or 3 places
- Add about 1 cup water & the salt . Boil them for a few minutes just until they change color.Then lay them out on a plate or plastic cover to dry under the sun.
- At the end of the day they would have dried ( provided it was hot enough )
- Now add them into the curds and let them soak in it overnight .
- Next day morning again squeeze a little and lay them out to dry! retain the left-over curds .
- In the evening put the chillies back into the left-over curds again & leave overnight!
- Lay them out to dry the next morning!
- Continue the above procedure until you have used up all the curds. Usually two times will only be needed.
- Let dry until they are crisp and are devoid of any moisture . Let cool before you store them in air tight containers .
- As & when needed .heat oil in a kadai . Drop a few in the hot oil & fry them till crisp !
Enjoy with your meals !
Note :- you may also use sour buttermilk . Only it will take more times to soak and dry.