Two vegetables typically different in all aspects ,but still how easily they blend together to form a superb curry for rice — thats batata karathya humman…..
1. Potato – 1 large
2. Bitter gourd – 1 medium sized
3. Grated coconut – 1 cup
4. Red chilies – 10 to 12
5. Tamarind – marble sized
6. Hing – 1 tsp
7. Coconut oil – 3 tsp
- . Cut both potato and bitter-gourd in largish squares.
- . Apply salt to the bitter-gourd and keep it aside for some 15 mins .later squeeze out the bitter juice.
- . Now pressure cook both the veggies together for just one whistle.
- Roast the red chilies in little oil ..
- .Grind the grated coconut along with the red chilies and tamarind to a smooth paste.
- When the veggies are cooked add this coconut paste to them ….add sufficient water to adjust the consistency..
- . Turn off when it boils well..
- Now add the hing powder and pour the coconut oil on top..
- Its ready to enjoy with hot steaming rice.
1. If you have the bimbuls then you can avoid tamarind and add them while cooking the vegetables..