Greens should be an essential part of our daily Diet ! Not only do they provide us with essential fibers but are also an abundant source of vitamins !! These can be used to make so many delicious dishes …this upkari being the most simplest & easiest one !
- Greens / bhajji – 1 bunch (here I have used the red variety which is even more tastier )
- Chilli powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp according to your spice level
- Salt to taste
- Oil & mustard seeds for seasoning
- Clean leaves thoroughly by rinsing them at least three times ..you may also add the tender stems too .
- Chop finely .
- heat a kadai , add the oil & splutter the mustard seeds .switch off flame .
- Add the chilli powder carefully without burning it .
- Now add the chopped leaves &salt . sprinkle water on it .
- Cover the kadai & let cook on slow flame .
- Stir in between & switch off when its cooked .
- You may also retain some of the juices as this too tastes good with rice .
- Serve hot with rice & enjoy a healthy meal !
You May add red chilies in the seasoning instead of chilli powder . Also you can garnish with fresh grated coconut .