I have already posted 2 recipes of kismuri one being the all time favourite Karathe Kismuri and the other one with happolus(papads).Today I am sharing the kismuri recipe prepared using Beans.The basic recipe is same.. the only difference being the method of cooking beans which is steamed and not roasted or deep fried unlike in the other two recipes.Just try this for a change .
- Beans .
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 4-5 roasted red chillies
- Marble size tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium sized onions chopped finely
Chop Beans finely as shown in the picture below
- Blanch them in a pan or vessel with a bit of water and salt until all the water is absorbed and they are just done retaining the crunchiness.
- Grind the coconut,red chillies and tamarind coarsely without water (refer the karathe kismuri post mentioned above for detailed procedure).
- Add this to the cooled beans along with the chopped onions, salt if required and mix well .
- Serve this as a side dish with meals ..also goes well with chapattis.
- After blanching,, the beans can also be sauteed in few drops of oil to remove any traces of water.
- One more method is to heat a tsp of oil in a pan and fry the beans till they are cooked but crunchy ..stirring in between sprinkling water .
- Choose fresh and tender beans .