Try this very amchi , simple but so tasty randayi / kalavani dish with dried green or white peas .- Attano / vattanno as we call it . This I did with green Attanno !
- Dried green / white peas – 1 cup – soak overnight
- Tomato -1
- Red chillies – 1
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Oli , Mustard &curry leaves for seasoning
- Soak overnight the dried peas …If you have forgotten to soak …then Boil some water ..drop the peas into it .cover & let it soak for at least half an hour!.
- Now you may cook it in a pressure cooker along with 1 chopped tomato till its soft & mushy!
- Adding a little salt while cooking actually helps in faster cooking .
- Add water to the cooked peas to adjust consistency..Add the turmeric powder & check for salt .
- Heat oil in kadai , splutter mustard seeds . then add the hing , red chillis & curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the peas & keep covered for some time .
This is an excellent accompaniment with rice , Chapatis & puttu too !!
Here is my friend Sandhya Puranik ‘s post of humman made with white attano !
You can also use the same recipe using Rajma !
8 replies to “Attanya Humman”
Thanks Sandhya 🙂
Simple dish yet too delicious …tried it simply loved it ….it's been my fav blog got to learn so many traditional recipes 🙂
Thank U so much Sushma 🙂
Easy n yummy recipe👍 loved it❤️
Thank you so much Bindu