Polya puddi is a must have chutney powder to be stocked in every household . At times when you are not able to make any other side dish for idlis & dosas ..this comes to the rescue !! It is it can be had for the great taste it offers as a dip to steaming hot idlis & crisp dosas . Also comes in handy as it can be used while you are travelling The recipe is very simple and can be quickly done in a few minutes ..so that you can always have it whenever needed !
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Chana dal – 1/2 cup
- Red chilies – 10 – 15 as per your spice level
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Til – 2 tbsps ( optional )
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the dals & til separately to a golden brown .
- Roast the red chilies in a little oil . add the hing . Let cool .
- Powder all the ingredients to a not so fine powder . Add the salt
- Care should be taken to sundry the mixer jar before grinding so that the puddi does not spoil. . Transfer the powder to a air tight jar . Always use a dry spoon to take out the powder.
- Enjoy this with idlis & dosas …you may add a little oil to mix in the powder . Diet conscious people may do without the oil .Usually “Dhaddel” or Oil which had been used for deep frying is used-which gives a really great flavour !
2 replies to “Polya Puddi”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes & tasty too !