This is a gravy based dish to be had with rice .Since we use moong & raw pappaya this is a very healthy one too Ingredients; –
- Moong – 3/4 cup
- Raw Papaya chopped into medium sized pieces – 1cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup or more
- Tomato -1 medium or dharmbya sol – a tiny piece
- Red chillies – 3 or as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook the moong and tomato till soft .
- Cook the papaya pieces separately &add them to the cooked moong
- Grind the coconut , red chillies & turmeric to a smooth paste.
- Add the paste & salt to the cooked moong . add water to adjust consistency as per your liking .
- Bring to a boil & let simmer for 3-4 minutes . then switch off.
- Heat the oil & splutter the mustard seeds . add the urad dal ,methi & curry leaves & fry till they turn golden brown . pour over the cooked dish & keep covered for some time .
Serve hot with rice !!!!