Bread fruit known in Konkani as Landhe Gudhugo / Jeev Kadgi is on of the most sought after veggie to make so many delicious dishes!! here is the most simplest yet so tasty dish – its upkari !!
- Mature breadfruit – 1
- Chilli powder or dry red chillies – 1 tsp / 2 nos. – as per taste
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil for seasoning
- Clean, halve and peel the skin of the veggie . remove the hard centre core .
- Then chop match stick like into water . this is so that the veggies is not discoloured . drain the water & keep ready .
- Heat oil & splutter the mustard . add the chillies or the chilli powder (as per your preference) ..take care not to burn it .
- Add the salt & the chopped veggie along with a little water .
- Cover & cook till done ..Add the hing . mix well & then switch off
Enjoy this hot with rice or paej!