Bread fruit or Landhe Gudhugo / jeev kadgi as its known in amchi konkani is so versatile that it can be made into so many dishes ..here is one lip smacking ghassi you and your family will love so much ! this is in the Kochi style!
- Bread fruit – peeled & cut into medium sized pieces – 1 cup
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 or dharmbya sol – 1 small piece
- Red chillies – 4 or more as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
for Seasoning :-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook toor dal with the tomato or dharmbya sal till soft
- Cook the breadfruit pieces in a little water till well cooked .
- Grind the coconut , red chillis & turmeric powder to a smooth paste.
- Add the masolu & the breadfruit to the cooked dal .
- Add water to the consistency that you desire . Add salt & bring to a boil . simmer for another 2 minutes .
- Prepare the seasoning with the mustard , urad dal , methi & curry leaves .
- Add to the cooked curry & keep the vessel covered .
- Serve hot with rice !!