1. Potato – 2 medium sized
2. Onion – 3 medium sized
3. Tomato- 1 (optional)
4. Red chillies – 10 to 15
5. Coriander – 1 tsp
6. Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Roast the red chillies in little oil .
- Grind it along with tamarind and coriander seeds to a smooth paste adding required water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard to splutter.
- Add the onion cut in medium sized squares and saute till they are transparent.
- Now add the potato cubes ,saute for a few minutes and then add around 1 cup water and allow to cook in low flame.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked add the ground chilly paste to it.
- Mix well and keep on low flame till the consistency is thick.
- The spicy songh is ready..Enjoy with rice and dalitoy ….!!!!
You can add tomatoes too along with the potatoes…It definitely enhances the taste .In that case take care to lessen the tamarind .