We amchis will use even flowers to make tasty dishes like the Dhudiya kolo / pumpkin flowers . Here is one with the flowers . Use fresh ones and also see that they are insect free . If you have these growing at home , pluck the flowers at sunrise !
- Buds or flowers of yellow pumpkin plant.- 20
- Coconut grated.- 1 cup
- Red chillies -8
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds. – 2 tsps
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Slit the buds to see if there are worms, wash them in water, chop roughly.Don’t throw the stems.
- Peel them with a knife, chop and along with chopped buds , with a little water , cook till soft
- Add salt and let cool.
- Fry the chillies in a little oil ,
- Grind together the coconut, red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste,
- Lastly add 1 tsp of mustard and grind again.
- Add to the cooked and now cooled buds. Add water for a medium consistency.
- Lastly give a tempering of the remaining 1 tsp mustard and oil.
Enjoy with rice as a side dish !