Sollile Avro Magge Ghalnu Ambat (peeled field beans & cucumber curry Avro (ovro /field beans) is a kind of pulse which is used by GSB s for making variety of curries and side dishes. Here I am posting a curry which could be served as a tasty main course curry with rice . Here this special ambat is prepared after peeling each avro which in turn make it so tasty just like cashew nuts . Agreed… its a bit laborious process to peel each avros ,but still the worth the effort.
- Avro – 2 cups soaked overnight
- Yellow cucumber (magge) – 1/2 cup( cut in small squares).
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Coconut grated – 1 n half cups
- Red chillies roasted in little oil – 10 to 12
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Shallots – 4 to 5
- Oil for seasoning
- Cook them till soft along with the cucumber and the chopped onion .
- Grind coconut along with roasted red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste adding required water.
- Add this paste to the cooked avro veg mix and let it boil.
- The consistency should be neither too thick and nor too thin.
- Turn off when the curry boils.
- Now prepare the shallots seasoning. Heat some 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and add finely chopped shallots to it..Fry till its turn golden brown.Pour the seasoning over the ambat.
- your Ambat is ready!..
- Cooking the peeled avros is bit tricky process. You can adapt either pressure cooker method or cook them in normal method in any vessel.
- But there is a chance of them to become mushy while cooking in pressure cooker which is not advisable as you will not able to enjoy the taste of the avros..
- But at the same time cooking in open vessel does take a bit more time !
- So adapt any of the method and be careful not to make them mushy.