Alambe Bhutti or Dry Mushroom curry !! ..this is usually done with the thunder mushrooms that we get when the monsoon starts ..we can also do it with ordinary mushrooms too . lets see the recipe !
- Mushrooms – 1 packet (about 20)
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Coconut grated – 1 cup
- Fried red chillies – 10-12
- Coriander seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Tamarind – 1 big gooseberry size
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Chop the mushrooms,& onions and grate the ginger.
- Grind coconut, red chillies, tamarind smoothly adding water.Lastly add coriander seeds and grind again.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add chopped mushrooms, onions, ginger, fry lightly.Close the lid, and continue cooking till they are done . No need to add water, as mushrooms leave water.
- Add salt, mix well, add the ground masala. If you need a thinner consistency you may add water and bring to a boil.
- Switch off the gas, pour the remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil over the bhutti and mix well.
Your dish is now ready to be served !!