Phova usli or poha upma is a very simple dish which can be prepared as a breakfast dish or as an evening snack . We use brown ,thick poha for this which is very healthy too. So check this traditional amchi recipe of Phova usli …
- Brown poha – 2 cups
- Green chillies – 2 cut lengthwise
- Ginger – 1 teasp finely chopped
- Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
- Oil ,mustard ,urad dal and curry leaves for seasoning.
- Wash and soak poha for 2 mins . After that squeeze the water out of the poha and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and prepare a seasoning with mustard,urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add chopped ginger and sliced green chillies.and saute for a while.
- Now add the poha to the seasoning.
- Add salt and a teasp of sugar too..
- Mix well and cover and cook for some 5 mins in low flame.
- Turn off and spread freshly grated coconut on top.
- Keep covered for 5 more minutes .
- Mix well before serving .
Easy ,tasty and healthy phova usli is ready .