This chutney is so droolicious that once you have tasted , you will never ever part with it. And I promise that you will definitely add it to your regular menu card of your house. This recipe is very simple and consumes only a very small time for preparation.
- Karathe (Bitter gourd) -.Medium 1
- Coconut gratings- 1 Cup.
- Roasted Red Chilly – 6
- Hing – one big chick pea size
- Tamarind – one average goose berry size
- Urad dal – 3 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
3. After cooling the roasted items, grind the bitter gourd pieces, coconut gratings, roasted red chillies, roasted hing, roasted urad dal, tamarind and salt adding water to a fine paste.
4. In a heated pan add oil, mustard seeds and urad dal.
5. When it splutters add the ground masala of bitter gourd. Cook the masala in a low flame, saute regularly and bring it to a thick consistency.
6 replies to “Karathya Chutney.”
Hey.. very nice Karathya Chutney. Its is very special for me. Thanks for sharing my useful information.http://www.sigmaseosolutions.in/
Simply mouthwatering Jayakka 🙂
Thank you very much Usha
It was awesome. I tried it yesterday
Thank you very much