This is a recipe of my dear mother-in -law ! An easy & tasty recipe with ingredients which will always be found at all homes !
- 2 potatoes,
- 2 onions,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 10 fried red chillies
- A pinch of tamarind , (as we have added tomatoes.)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled, (if very small add 2 more.)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Wash , peel and cut the potatoes and onions into cubes. Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat a thick bottomed kadai, add oil and mustard.When they splutter, add the chopped onions,
- Saute for a while.Now add chopped potatoes, turmeric powder and little water.
- Cover and cook till soft but not mushy.Add chopped tomatoes, salt, mix well, keep it covered for a while.
- Meanwhile,grind the coconut gratings , chillies and tamarind adding enough water.
- Lastly add the coriander seeds and peeled garlic cloves and grind again to a smooth paste.
- Add this masala to the cooked potatoes, mix well, boil for a while and switch off the gas.
Serve hot as a side dish !