Here is a breakfast delicacy of the North Karnataka GSB people.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup grated coconut,
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup water or more if needed
- A handful of idly rawa
- Ghee – 2 tsps ( a must)
- A tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Butter for frying.
- Mix all the ingredients given above. The dough should not be watery.
- Reasonably thick so that you can use hands to spread it on tawa.
- Heat tawa, once heated lower the fire. Keep a cup of water in a bowl ready to dip your hand.
- Smear the tawa with butter.Dip your hand in water and take a handful of dough and spread it neatly patting on it.
- You can spread 3 at a time on your tawa.Cover with a lid.
- Once cooked on one side, smear again on the mumbris with butter and flip.
- Keep the fire on medium flame.When they get a nice orange hue .remove from the tawa.
- Eat it with chutney powder mixed with coconut oil.