ALAMBE SUKKE ( mushroom and onion dry curry) Version – 2. I have already posted Version -1 already in this blog as Alambe bhutti.
- Mushrooms, chopped – 1 and 1/2 cups.
- Onions, chopped – 1 cup,
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds,
- 1 tbsp udid dal,
- 10 fried red chillies,
- 1 gooseberry size tamarind,
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, when it splutters, add the onions. Saute for a while, add mushrooms,and saute again .
- Roast the coriander seeds and udid dal in 1 tsp oil till golden brown.
- Now grind the coconut, red chillies , tamarind. and fried coriander and udid dal, coarsely adding just enough water.
- Now add this masala to the mushrooms and onions, add salt , mix well. Don’t add extra water as mushrooms leave water on their own after you add salt to it. Cover and simmer it for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or as per your wish !