A traditional , simple & easy to make dish that is so delicious – this is Dhuddhali- made with chana dal we as kids used to love to have it as a tea time snack !! As it could be made quickly my amma used to give to us when we came home ravenous after school . As we are not using much ghee it can be had by all even diet conscious people !
- Chana dal – 1 cup
- Sugar or jaggery – 3/4 cup or more as per taste
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2-3 tbsp ( optional )
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook the chana dal till soft .
- Transfer the dal to a kadai and add sugar / jagggery ,ghee & coconut .
- Keep stirring till it has become thick .
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove on to a plate and cut out shapes as per your wish .
- Serve to your hungry kids & watch them finish it up in no time !
- Elders with health problems too can have a small piece safely!
Do not miss out on the cardamom powder as it gives this dish the unique flavour!
You may also use a mix of sugar & jaggery!
5 replies to “Dhuddhali”
Very easy and yumm definitely will yry
Yes ! Please do try !
Very very tasty…thanks for the recipe Ushakka
Thank U dear Suja !
Loved your recipe….. one of my favourite dish……