Piyava butthi is a tasty side dish usually had with rice and dalitoy. ” Bhutthi ” is coriander based coconut masala with any vegetable. Here its prepared with onion.
- Onion – 4 large
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Roasted red chillies – 8 to 10
- Corriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Chop onion in to very small squares.
- Roast coriander in little oil for a few seconds.
- Heat oil and sauté the onion adding salt till they are transparent .
- Now sprinkle some water and cover to cook.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut ,red chillies ,coriander and tamarind a bit coarsely.
- Add this to the cooked onion.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and leave to cook evenly .
- Keep on low flame till the all the water is absorbed and the butthi is a bit thick .
- Turn off and its ready .
Take care that the coriander seeds are not over roasted . Roast only until its raw smell disappeared …The colour should not change..