- Tur dal – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp ( 10 -12)
Method for Rasam :-
- Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Tamarind – 1 gooseberry size ( paste- 1 tsp )
- Garlic – 2 ( optional )
- Cooked dal – 1/4 cup ( optional )
- Rasam powder – the above mentioned amount
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp or more as per taste
- Hing – a pinch ( if you are not adding garlic )
- Salt to taste
- Oil , Mustard seeds & curry leaves for seasoning.
- Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch
- Chop the tomatoes and add 4 cups of water& salt . put to boil till they have turned mushy ,
- Add the tamarind paste and the garlic (optional ) / hing . let simmer for another 3 minutes minute .
- Add the rasam powder , chilli powder & the dal let simmer for some more time .
- Add more water if necessary for a watery consistency
- Add chopped coriander leaves and then switch off gas .
- Add the seasoning of mustard & curry leaves .
- Garnish with a little more coriander leaves & close lid for some time .
Sheeth with rasam , Karate balukk – ( http://konkanikhann.blogspot.com/2014/04/kartya-balukk-peet-lavunnu.html) , mitta galli ambuli , Surna sukke – ( http://konkanikhann.blogspot.in/2014/12/surna-sukkein.html ) & cabbage upkari
- You may use left over dali thoy for this .
- This tastes best when it has a watery consistency !
- Can be had as an appetiser too !