Jeevkadgi or breadfruit is one such veggie which is loved by all and blends easily in any gravy. This one is a simple recipe with breadfruit prepared by my amma. A lovely curry which is served with rice as a main course!
- Breadfruit cut in small squares – 1 cup
- Coconut grated – 1 cup
- Roasted red chillies – 8 to 12
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Onion chopped in fine pieces – 2 tbsp s
- Cook the breadfruit pieces in some water adding salt.
- Grind the coconut ,red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked breadfruit.
- Add sufficient water to adjust the consistency.
- Let it cook for some time then switch off flame .
- Now heat some 2 tsp of oil in a pan …and fry the chopped onion till brown.
- Pour the tadka over the curry and your Jeevkadgi ambat is ready .