Dhuddhiya Vodos is a yum tea time snack .This recipe is by my multi talented friend – Anuradha Mudalagiri Kamath who is a great chef and knows soo many many amchi dishes . Never wasting a single part of any veggie but converting it into a yummm dish is her speciality ! Here is her quick & easy recipe for a nice time pass snack.
- Dhuddhi / yellow pumpkin – 50 gms
- Jaggery – a gooseberry size piece .
- Salt to taste .
- Rice flour – as much as needed to bind
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook the pumpkin in a steamer with the salt and jaggery.
- Mash well when a little cold .
- Now add the rice flour as much as needed to make a firm dough. Don’t add water at all !
- Roll into small balls & flatten like very small puris /vodos .
- Deep fry in hot oil to a golden brown .
Enjoy these as a snack with tea or coffee !
- Adding too much jaggery will yield blackened vodos ! .So be careful while adding it.
- Choose a well ripened yellow pumpkin piece.
- You can add these in Moong dal Payasu for an extra enriched flavour !