- Coloured cucumber/Magge – 1 cup chopped length wise
- Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
- Red chillies – 6 to 8 nos [adjust as per spice level)
- Tamarind – marble size
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
2. Add water and salt and cook till they become soft.
3.Roast the chillies in a little oil .
4.Grind coconut gratings along with roasted red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste.
5. Add this paste to the cooked cucumber and bring to boil.
6. At this stage add hing and coconut oil.Switch off Gas
- This curry can be prepared with various pulses like rajma,thingalavare and legumes like black eyed pea/Alsande bee and cucumber combination.For this the pulses have to be soaked overnight.
- The curry is neither thin/watery not thick in consistency.If we want to have along with rice then the gravy can diluted with little water.