This is our 600th post ! Thanks to all your support & encouragement & the continuous & dedicated efforts of our authors here !This is a simple & tasty upkari which I recently recollected ! This used to be made by my mother which would be eagerly eaten up by we family members ! So lets see the recipe !
- Ghosale – 1 cup – cleaned & sliced into long thin pieces
- Kook / Batata ( Potato) – 1 cup – peeled & cubed
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp or more as per spice level
- Salt to taste
- Oil & 1 tsp mustard seeds for seasoning
- Heat oil in a kadai & splutter the mustard seeds .Switch off flame .
- Add the chilli powder in the hot oil . Take care not to burn it .
- Add the potato pieces , salt and a little water Cover and cook till half done .
- Add the ghosale pieces and cook again on slow flame ‘You may not need to add more water as it will leave its own juice .
- Cook till done .
Serve as a side dish with rice .
My mother used to fry chillies with a little oil , then powder & store in a dry bottle as Bhajjillo Miriya Pittto ( roasted chilli powder ), So she would add it simply to the veggies and didnt have to roast in oil as mentioned here ! .
This dish tastes best when it is a little spicy !