You can find many dishes using Chinese potatoes in this blog ! Here is one rarely made chutney with Chinese potatoes which I learnt from my mother .The recipe goes thus-
- Chinese potatoes( very small ones ) -10- 15nos,
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut gratings,
- 3-5 green chilly
- Very little tamarind,
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves,
- Salt to taste
- A big pinch of asafoetida,
- 2 tsps coconut oil.
- Wash and pressure cook the Chinese potatoes adding enough water for just one whistle.
- Peel them and cool.
- Crush coarsely the grated coconut, green chillies, tamarind, salt, coriander leaves and hing, all together using mortar and pestle.
- Crush till they all get mixed together well.
- Now add the peeled and cooled Chinese potatoes and crush again.
- Remove from the stone , into a bowl .
- Pour the raw coconut oil and mix well.