Raw Mango Gojju or Ambya gojju – just a mention of this and I always drool as I remember the tastiest gojju prepared by my grandmother with those green mangoes from our backyard at my native place. One lick of the gojju as a side dish with rice used to be a heavenly treat for us… So let me share the recipe with you .
- Green mango – 1 large
- Roasted red chillies – 3 to 4
- Green chillies – 3 to 4
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil -2 tsp
- Pressure cook the whole mangoes adding sufficient water. Let cool .
- Now peel the mangoes and remove the flesh from it . Keep aside.
- Next crush the red chillies in the water used for cooking the mangoes.
- You can use a heavy bottomed glass for this if you don’t have a mortar and pestle .
- Crush it to a coarse paste.
- Add the mango flesh and again crush well with your hands& add to the chilli paste to this paste.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and salt.
- Mix well & add water if required for the desired consistency.
- Add hing ..and pour coconut oil on top.
Your gojju is ready… a tangy and spicy gojju !!!!!
2 replies to “Ambya Gojju”
Thanks for the recipe dear..loved it
Wonderful lip smacking gojju