I have already shared a tomato saaru and today it is another variety which is hot and sweet in taste.My amma prepare this saaru with limited ingredients,The garlic/ losun phanna is the highlight of it. It tastes good to eat along with rice.Sometimes to the same saaru amma uses onion instead of garlic seasoning. But believe me both tastes equally awesome.
- Ripe Tomatoes -3 nos
- Sambar powder – 1-2 tsp
- 8-10 garlic pods crushed
- Jaggery – marble size
- Oil – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, to it add salt and water to cook the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are soft and mushy, add any brand sambar powder, jaggery and enough water to dilute the saaru.
- Do not make it so watery. Let it be little thick.
- Now heat a ladle with oil, to this add crushed garlic pods. fry them till they turn brown.
- Now pour this seasoning on the cooked tomato tomatoes.
Aromatic saaru is ready to serve.