Kadi is usually used as an accompaniment to rice though a few of them can be used as drinks too.I and my Blogger friends have already shared many versions of kadi in this blog which can be found in the ” Archives ” .Today again am sharing a very easy but equally tasty recipe of kadi using ‘ Hing ‘. I had first tried this long back when I had newly bought the cookery book of Mrs. Jaya.V Shenoy and then completely forgot about this.A couple of days back when I was flipping through the pages of this book I remembered this dish and tried it the very next day.
I hope you all also will try and enjoy this healthy and tasty kadi.
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 2-3 red chillies roasted
- Peanut size hing roasted in few drops of oil
- Marble sized tamarind
- Salt to taste
- A tbsp of oil (preferably coconut)
- A tsp of mustard seeds
- A sprig of curry leaves
- Grind together the coconut, roasted hing, roasted chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste using enough water.
- Transfer the paste to a wide vessel and add water as per your preferred consistency.
- Add salt and boil it for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with mustard and curry leaves.
The tasty and healthy kadi is ready to be served as an accompaniment with rice
- I have used the wax variety Hing…depending upon your hing variety adjust the proportion.
- The kadi is not made too spicy.
- I have kept the consistency medium thick as I do not like watery thin kadis with rice. Do add water as per your preference.