Charmburo means puffed rice. Charmbura usli is a snack like phova chutney.Here charmburo is soaked in water for 5 minutes and later added to a spicy seasoning.This is a easy and tasty recipe to serve an unexpected guest or as a change during evenings as a snack.Lets check the recipe.
- Charmburo/Puffed rice – 2 cups
- Peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green chillies – 1-2 slit
- Hing – a pinch
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coconut grated – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1-2 tsp
- First soak puffed rice in water for 5 minutes.It will turn soggy,Now squeeze the water and keep this separately.
- Heat a kadai with oil and fry peanuts.When they are roasted add the urad dal and allow it to turn light brown.
- Now add mustard,let it splutter followed by green chillies,hing and curry leaves.
- Fry chopped onions till translucent.
- Put the squeezed puffed rice,salt and give a stir.
- Sprinkle grated coconut on top. Close lid and keep for two minutes.
- Give a good stir until everything blends. Switch off and serve hot.
Similar Usli can be prepared with thick variety phova/Beaten Rice too .
One reply to “Charmbura usli”