This recipe is by my friend –She learnt this from her dear mother-in-law ! So let’s see the recipe !
- Bhende/ Ladies finger – 250 gms
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Red Chillies – 5 or as per your taste
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind – 1 gooseberry sized
- 1/4 tsp methi (optional )
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery – a small piece ( optional )
- Oil for tempering
- Wash the ladies fingers well and make a slit along the sides with a sharp knife .
- Roast the urad dal , red chillies in little oil . also add the grated coconut , curry leaves & tamarind no need to brown the coconut .
- When cool , make a fine paste of this adding just a little water , salt and the jaggery (optional ) .
- Stuff this in the ladies fingers .
- In a pan Make a tempering with mustard , curry leaves , hing & haldi powder using coconut oil preferably .
- Cook on low flame till the ladies finger has cooked well . ( you may sprinkle a litlle water if necessary )
Serve hot with rice as a side dish !
2 replies to “Stuffed Bhende Sagle”
In our family sagle masolu is always made with more of coriander seed and a bit of methi seeds and chakko with more of urad dal and a bit of coriander seeds. This is a new variation will give it a try !!
My friend is from Kerala – hence the variation 🙂 Do give feedback after you try !