Kaali thori or black pigeon peas is one of the favourite pulses of amchi cuisine. Thori thadsayilele is one of the simplest dish from thori .You can enjoy it as a side dish with rice or pejj..So here goes the recipe
- Cooked thori – 2 cups
- Garlic flakes – 10 to 12
- Red chilli powder – 3 to 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil & mustard seeds for tempering
- Pressure cook the thori till done .
- Heat oil and add mustard .
- Fry garlic flakes till reddish .
- Now turn off the flame and add red chilli powder .
- Saute for a few seconds .and then again turn on the flame.
- Add the cooked thori immediately , You can add the saaru too …
- Cook on low flame till the syrup is almost absorbed ..
This dish is now ready to be relished .