Groundnuts being an important source of proteins ,minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. So for vegetarians including groundnuts in their daily diet is very essential , So groundnuts as a snack are welcomed by all – kids & elders . This masala bhimukk/ nelakadalo has been a popular snack of GSB ‘s . Being an easy to prepare quickly & in large quantities in minimal time – this is especially made when expecting a lot of guests or just as an tea time snack , Its a great timepass snack too popular with kids . I remember my Mave whenever I make this . As kids we would be given handfuls of this to munch on while my cousin would narrate stories for us .
So let’s get on with the recipe .
- Groundnuts – 1 cup
- Besan – 1/4 cup or as needed
- Rice flour – 1 heaped tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 to 2 tsp as per spice level
- Haldi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the groundnuts , chilli powder , haldi powder & salt together & keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- Mix both the flours ( besan & Rice powder ).
- When you see that the groundnuts have let off water ,,add the flours slowly mixing always so that they are well coated with the flours & are separate ( not sticking together )
- Toss them in the bowl so that they get evenly coated , like in the pic below .
- Heat the oil for deep frying till hot . then reduce flame and add the ground nuts in small batches .
- Let fry on medium flame till the outer crust has become crisp . Do not fry on high heat as the insides will remain uncooked & soft .Drain & keep aside .
- Store in air tight containers !
Enjoy while reading a book or listening to music or happily serve to your guests