Many of us love to have the healthiest breakfast – Idlis . Since it is quite easy to make quickly in large quantity – this is very popularly cooked up in large numbers and had for the next days too ( since it keeps well too without going stale !),Idlis are had with a lot of various dips – chutneys , sambhar etc You can find the recipes for all including idlis in this blog ! Yet when there is still an excess left over and the family may complain of yet another repeat – this upma comes to the rescue ! This is soo simple & tasty that I actually reserve some idlis to make this upma. So let’s see this simple recipe –
- Leftover Idlis – as available
- Green Chillies – 1-2 as per amount
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- A pinch of salt
- Oil & mustard for seasoning
- Crumble the idlis well . Keep aside .
- Chop the green chillies finely .
- Heat a kadai with oil & splutter the mustard seeds .
- Then add the jeera ,chopped green chillies & the curry leaves .
- When they have sauteed well , add a pinch of salt .
- Mix well and then add the crumbled idlis .
- Mix well , cover and let simmer on a low flame for about five minutes .
- Switch off and serve hot with any side dishes like pappads , pickles or just as such .
Try this out and I am sure you too will love this simple & tasty dish for breakfast or as a snack !