Godu Phovu is a traditional konkani naivedya prepared on auspicious occasions and festivals. This is a very simple naivedya prepared with thin variety phova and jaggery, flavoured with cardamom. I have already shared the panka version (making with jaggery syrup) HERE in this blog.
Today I would like to share the instant version of godu phovu, for those who don’t find enough time to make the jaggery syrup. But this should be consumed within 3-4 hours of preparation because it may get spoiled, as the coconuts are raw and not cooked.
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Jaggery Powdered – 1/2 cup
- Thin Variety – 3/4 – 1 cup (as needed)
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mix together grated coconut and powdered jaggery until the jaggery is well coated with the coconut.
- Add cardamom powder and required quantity of phova. Mix well till everything get together.
- Add a tsp of ghee and mix again.
- Godu phovu is ready for the naivedya.
- Dont keep this out for long as it may get spoiled
- If kept in fridge, they remain good for some more hours.
- Can be served as a evening snack too, in that case add phova to the coconut jagery mixture just before serving.