Ivy gourd or Tendule has a lot of health benefits – it is rich in fibre, B vitamins, and iron and may help relieve occasional constipation and normalize blood sugar, Its leaves are equally good and are used as a poult ,Its juices are used to treat wounds , control diabetes & even jaundice . GSBians have been using the tender leaves in their diet in various tasty forms – One is this sukkhe which is good side dish with rice …so here is the recipe –
- Tender tendule / ivy gourd leaves – 2 cups
- Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 2 to 3 as per spice level
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
For Tempering :-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Udid dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi / fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Grind to a coarse paste the grated coconut , chilies and turmeric powder ( without adding any water and keep aside
- Choose fresh & tender leaves .Wash them thoroughly .
Now add the chopped leaves and the ground paste . add salt to taste .
Sprinkle a little water and cover . Cook on slow flame till done , stir in between for even cooking . Enjoy this as a side dish with rice .