- Chana dal flour / besan – One cup
- Rice flour – half cup
- Sugar – one cup
- A pinch of salt
- Ajwain /owain or Jeera – 1/2 tsp powdered
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Roast the rice flour lightly . And mix all the ingredients well . ( except the cardamom & oil ).
- Then add just sufficient water to make a soft sticky dough ( like a very sticky chapati dough).
- Now using the chakli maker press the batter directly into the hot oil , Check Koro post for more details .
- See that the dough in the oil doesn’t overlap much .
- Press the dough when the oil is hot . it will immediately rise to the top with a lot of bubbles . At once reduce flame ..let cook for some seconds more .
- Now slowly flip the koro and let fry until all the bubbles have reduced considerably .
- Now increase flame and flip so that you get a good colour .
- Remove to a sieve and let the oil drain , set aside to cool .
- When it has cooled , break them into pieces about 3 inches long .
- Now to prepare the sugar syrup – take the sugar in a heavy bottomed Kadai and add about half cup of water .keep on high flame .
- Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved and starts to thicken slightly -.
- When it comes to the one string stage . add the broken koros and mix well taking care to not break and coat all the pieces evenly .
. The coated koros willl become dry when cooled , store in an air tight container .