Here is yet another yumm curry shared by my good friend – Veena Nayakakka – Batato ,Bibbo , Bimbul (Potato,Tender cashew and Tree sorrel )spicy curry.This is a no onion no garlic,no thadka curry which you can make can make on Nagapanchami day as on that day we abstain from onion , garlic & tempering too. So let’s get to the recipe .
- 3 medium sized potatoes.
- One fistful of tender cashews
- Half of a coconut grated
- 5 medium bimbul or a small gooseberry size tamarind
- 4 spicy red chillies and 2 byadagi chillies roasted in little oil
- Hing water 1 tsp
- Coconut oil 2 tsp (prerefably )
- Cook potato,tender cashews and tree sorrel well in a pan adding just enough water . .
- Grind a masala of coconut gratings, roasted red chillies, tamarind (or bimbul) into a fine paste ..adding just enough water .
- Add this to the cooked potato along with salt and masala water(water used to clean the mixer jar ) and boil well.
- Switch off the gas and add hing water and coconut oil.
- Cover and keep for some time for the flavours to infuse before serving .