When a lot of different types of veggies are added in an upkari – it gives an all together different mouth watering taste combining all the flavours . Here is one such upkari contributed by my dear friend Chitra Suresh . 4 types of veggies and Cashewnuts together give an aromatic combo .
- Ash Gourd /Kuvale – 1/2 cup of pieces
- One potato
- One drumstick
- One Ridge gourd /ghosale
- A handful of cashew nuts /kajus ( soaked in water )
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillis – 2
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil & mustard for tempering
- Wash and Cut all the veggies to even pieces .
- Heat a kadai with oil and splutter the mustard seeds .
- Add the chilli & the flakes .
- Add the hing and salt also.
- Add the cut veggies and the soaked cashew nuts .
- Add a little water and cook till done
An aromatic tasty upkari is ready to be served .