Taro leaves (tere paan ) or Arbi leaves ( mande paan ) are usually used to make our GSB favourite -Pathrodo ! . after rolling out the ” lollos “..sometimes we have a few leaves remaining unused or in the case that we could mange to get only a few leaves ..we can make tasty bhajji which at least removes to some extent our craving (dhuvallo ) of pathrodo !
- Tender Taro or arvi leaves – 3 to 4 – deveined & chopped finely
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1 chopped .
- a very small piece Dharmbya sol / 1 karmbal / 1 bimbul
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Raw coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Choose very tender leaves .
- Cook the chopped leaves with the chopped green chili , salt and the sol / karambal or bimbul with about 2 cups of water until very mushy . Here I have used dried hog plums
- When nearly done add the grated coconut .
- When well cooked , add hing & pour the oil over upkari.
Relish this hot with rice !.