This Recipe is by Priya R Shenoy This is an age old recipe which she learnt from her Paternal grandmother . A very tasty snack with a unique combo of Sweet Potato , raw banana & potato. Makes for a great tea time snack .
- Raw Banana (Bangbele variety)- 1
- Sweet potato – 1 small sized
- Potato – 1 medium sized
- Besan – 1/2 cup
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or as per spice level
- Green Chillies – 2
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Chop each of the veggies into thin squares.
- Chop the green chillies finely.
- Add the salt , green chillies , chilli powder, curry leaves & hing to the chopped veggies.
- Leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- By now the veggies would have left out water.
- Now drizzle the besan over the veggies and mix well.
- The water which has oozed out will be enough to help in binding .
- Sprinkle a little water only if required .
- Heat the oil for frying.
- Now take out the mixture in your palm. and bind lightly.
- Drop them in hot oil and deep fry till done
Enjoy these hot with a steaming cup of coffee or tea