This recipe is by Priya R Shenoy . Green gram / moong and the skin of Kerala Banana / nenderbale are used to make this delicious sukke !No doubts about the health quotient of this dish !
- Moong / green gram – 1/2 cup
- Skins of raw nenderbale / Kerala banana – about 10 to 12
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1.5 tsp
- Red Chillies – 10 to 12 or as per spice level
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Tamarind – a gooseberry sized piece
- Jaggery -1 small piece
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of mustard & 1 sprig of curry leaves for tempering
- Collect the skin of raw bananas and remove the outermost skin of the peels.
- Soak the moong for 3-4 hours .
- Chop the skin coarsely and pressure cook along with the moong .
- Roast the coriander , urad dal and the chillies in a little oil .
- Now grind the roasted spices along with the coconut and tamarind to a coarse paste.
- Add salt and bring the dal to a boil . add the coconut paste .
- Also add the tamarind piece and than the small piece of jaggery.
- Add salt to taste and let the curry boil well till it acquires a thick consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a kadai and splutter the mustard leaves and then add the curry leaves .
- Pour the tempering over the sukke ,
A very tasty and healthy side dish is ready to be served .