Kodbalo is a Konkani deep fried snack which can be stored for days together.Usually made on Deepavali when such Dabba khann are made days before and stored to enjoy and share it among friends and relatives.I learnt this from amma and got it right instantly but the deep frying part needs patience and also it takes time .
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Take the rice flour in a bowl and add salt and butter and mix well with hands.
- Add water and knead it into a smooth pliable dough.
- Pinch small ball from the dough .
- Rub it in between your palms to resemble a wick as shown ..
- Join both the ends by folding and pinch the top portion as shown in the below pic
- Arrange them in a plate or aluminium foil as shown in the pic .
- The kodbalos are ready to be fried
- Heat oil and deep fry few at a time keeping the flame on low and stirring in between once or twice so that it is fried equally on all sides.
- Cool and store in airtight container and enjoy with tea or coffee.
- The dough should be soft or else you will not be able to fold them properly or they may break.
- Frying should be done on low flame only or else it will not cook from the insides .
- Different flavours can be added to the dough by adding palak puree or some spices like kasuri methi ,ajwain etc though I like the original taste.
6 replies to “Kodbalo”
Thx for kodbale recipe.. my favourite.. will definitely try.. hv loads of white butter.. Tysm❤
welcome and do give feedback !
Tried this today.. just half cup and it was just the way i wanted.. thx a ton.
so happy for you!
Thank you Aishwarya for trying n the feedback