Gabya ghari is a tea time snack and is very simple to prepare – so here is the recipe :
- Soaked ( for 1 hour) tur dal…. ½ cup
- Soaked ( for 1 hour) raw rice….1 cup
- Red Chillies – 10
- Chopped gabbo (banana stem) .. ½ Cup
- Hing powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind raw rice, tur dal, red chillies, hing and salt coarsely with out water.
- Add chopped banana stem and mix well.
- Heat Oil in pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is ready Keep it in low flame.
- Make big lemon size round ball of the batter and flatten it with palm.
- Gently slide it into the oil.
- Keep the flame to medium and fry the gharis turning both sides till crisp and golden brown.
GABYA GHARI is ready to serve
- Remove all the outer covering of the banana stem. Use only the inner tender part.
- Remove all the fibers you get while chopping.
- Chop the banana stem finely and keep it in water till you mix with the batter.
- Squeeze water from this pieces before mixing with batter.
2 replies to “Gabbya Ghari”