Banana Plants used to be grown in most konkani households not just for the banana they yielded but also for the bondi ( flower ) & the inner core of the stem (gabbo ).So many delicious dishes can be made from them .Presenting to you the most simple & easiest dish made from gabbo & yet so very tasty
- Fresh gabbo – sliced ( check video given to know the easiest way to cut this !)
- Green chilli – 1 -2
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds & oil for seasoning
- Wash thoroughly after chopping & let the water drain .
- Heat kadai & season the mustard seeds .
- Add the sliced gabbo , green chilli & salt to taste ..add a little water
- Cover & let cook . Garnish with grated coconut when the gabbo has cooked .
Serve with rice as upkari
watch this video to know the correct & easy way to cut gabbo