- Dry coconut or copra – 1/2
- Coriander seeds / kothambri – 2 tbsps
- Red chillies – 5-6 as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kaachil – -cut into square pieces & washed well – 1/2 cup
- Bikkand / jack fruit seeds – 5 -6
- Chundephall / turkey berry – 15
- Brinjal – 1 medium cut into pieces
- Kooka / sapoor kook / chinese potato -3-4 big ones cut into pieces
- Darambya sol – 1 small piece
- Salt to taste
1 . Cut the copra into small pieces & roast in a kadai till they turn brown like in the pic below .also roast the coriander seeds & chillies .(you can also use slightly rancid coconut for this .. chop into small pieces & let dry under the hot sun ..Copra too can be dried this way ..so that you can fry them quickly )Set aside to cool .
2. Pressure cook the kaachil , bikkand , kooka with a little salt
3. When they have cooked , add the chundephall , brinjal & dharmbya sol to cook.
4. While this is cooking , grind the copra , red chillies, turmeric powder & coriander seeds to a not so fine paste using very little water.
5. Add this paste to the cooked vegetables & bring to a boil .Keep on simmer for another 3 minutes .check for salt .
6.You can also add raw banana , drumsticks to this .
Your lip smacking ghassi is ready to be served & enjoyed with rice !