Here is another very tasty dish introduced by our friend Jayashri Shenoy who is conversant with both Kerala GSB dishes & Mangalore GSB dishes ! She has added a lot of recipes here ! You would love the subtle flavors of this curry – here is how to do it !
- Tendule ( Ivy gourd ) – 250 gms
- Green Chilies – 4
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Udid dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana dal – 1 tbsp
- Jeera -1 tbsp
- Curds (not sour) – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil for seasoning
- Slice lengthwise the tendules and cook in a little water .
- Roast the dals to golden brown & jeera till it splutters .
- Grind the dals , jeera ,green chillies and coconut to a fine paste adding water .
- Add salt & the ground paste to the tendule and bring to a boil .
- Now add whisked curds to this & let it come to a boil .
- Switch off & add seasoning of mustard & curry leaves !
Enjoy this with hot rice or pejj (gruel ) !