GSB ladies are very adept at making use of all vegetables & making use of all parts of it – be it the skin , seeds . Same is the case of Jackfruit . Each & every part of it is used ..Only the thorns are thrown away ..Each part is cleverly used to make delicious food items .
- So lets proceed with the recipe – This is the mhav .
- Cut out the mhav .
- Cut into long slices or squares as per your wish .
- Add salt & keep for a while . Then squeeze out the water & deep fry them till crisp. My son likes to eat them as such as a snack …hahahha so have to save some for the edigai !!
- For about half a cup of frys , heat a little oil .& roast about 12 red chilies (more or less as per taste) for about a minute . Add 1 tsp hing .
- Add a small piece of tamarind & grind it to a smooth paste with a little water.
- In a kadai ., heat oil & splutter mustard seeds & curry leaves. then pour this paste into it adding a little more water to your desired consistency & salt to taste. Remember that this will thicken when you add the fried mhav
- Bring this to a boil & simmer for about a minute . switch off flame .Then add the fries .
- Your Edigai is ready to be relished . This will keep for a week when refrigerated . this is especially good with idlis , dosas & rice too .