I have given in my last post Gabbaya Olle Sukke all about the benefits of eating gabbo / Banana stem .Already there is a version of gabbya polthein Here is another version
- Gabbo – 1/4 cup chopped pieces
- Red chillies – 2-3 as per taste
- Tamarind – a small piece
- hing/ asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil , mustard seeds , jeera & curry leaves for seasoning
- Fry the red chillies in a little oil .
- Grind the gabbo pieces along with the red chilies & tamarind .
- Add the hing & salt.
- Heat oil & add the mustard seeds . When they splutter , add the jeera & curry leaves . pour over the polthein
This makes an excellent side dish with rice .